Thursday, February 24, 2011

Special effects

I went to see"i am number“ four last night. It was pretty interesting, I'm not really a fan of alien movies though.

I was really impressed by the special effects though. It was really high quality stuff.

It inspired me to take up after effects again. I want to try and make a few of the effects I saw in the movie. The first effect I want to remake is the teleporting effect number 6 did, that one really stood out to me. The next effect I'd like to try is the reguvinating effect 4 used on 6. Unfortunately those will take awhile to make, but until then I will be making my own version of 4s hand glowing effect. This is, for the most part, finished. All thats left to do is take the video and track it to something. After effects built in tracker sucks though...so I may have to manually track it to something.

On another note Peace & Conflict Studies if beginning to look promising. We're finally getting out of all the war stuff and into the peacemaker studies.

And I just got news(literally) that I've been accepted to take the electricians union test. I've been really hoping to get into this due to the complete lack of web design work available where I live. If I'm able to get into the union I do plan to finish my assoc degree since I only have a two semesters left. I may try and keep going after my masters at the state college, but from the sound of it the union training keeps you busy. But who knows. What matters is they will pay me to learn from then then give me a job. A well paying job.

This how ever does not mean that I plan to stop my side job of website development. I plan to keep this up even of I can only do it a few hours a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment