Monday, April 4, 2011

Lunch with hitch hikers

About 20 minutes ago I saw a young couple my age (early 20's) and they were hitch hiking to north carolina. They were siting outside mcdonalds with their dog asking for food. I decided I had time between classes so I pulled in and asked them what they wanted to eat they looked kind of suprised when I asked but said they only wanted two chicken sandwiches. I went in and order the chicken sandwiched, then decided we should get fries and also some water.

While I was there ordering one of my friends saw me and asked what I was doing, after I explained what I was doing and I asked if he would like to have lunch with the three of us. He looked disgusted at the fact I was considering having lunch with some homeless hitch hikers and refused.

I throughly enjoyed having lunch with these two people. Unfortunately I can't remember the girls name but the boy's was Tod. They were quite intelligent and interesting as opposed to the typical stereotype of homeless people. We talked about where they came from and what it was like growing up there, where ask they had been and what it was like there.

After we were finished lunch I offered to take them to the Salvation Army but they refused since it was clear across town and out was already 4PM. So we parted ways there.

After I got to school I saw my friend from mcdonalds again. He was asking me why it was that I bought those hitch hikers food and implied that it was for religious reasons. I was kind of shocked by the question. I had never reply thought about why I do things like that, but it isn't anything like to ' buy a ticket to heaven.'

In all honesty I didn't do it for anthony like that our even to look good our to brag about out on the internet. I did it because there was two people who were siting there hungry. It was because they were two human beings who wanted help and deserved to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment